Our Professional Scrum Product Owner Class will help you realize your true potential as a Product Owner.
Optimise Customer Value and gain trust by creating an inspiring mission, set a clear Product Goal and create transparency in your Product Backlog.
We offer both (online) Live Virtual Classes and (physical) Traditional Classes. While both classes have the same learning objectives, each variant is designed for an optimal learning experience using the latest State-of-the-art tools.
For more information see our Frequently Asked Questions section in the Course Outlines.
3 Key Aspects You Will Learn
Value driven development
Understand how to optimize the value for your end-user and how to translate this into a transparent and ordered Product Backlog.
Agile Product Management
Learn how the Agile way of developing products is different from traditional approaches and how the role of the Product Owner in Scrum can be implemented in the most efficient way.
Optimise work performed and ensure stakeholders understand the overall strategy and developmental roadmap
Decide who you want to become and...
Start Your Journey To Inspiring Leaderhip
We believe that leadership should be implemented in all levels of an organization: from teams to managers and executives.
As an Inspiring Leader you always need to be one step ahead of the teams you lead.
& frequently answered questions
This course syllabus is an abbreviated guide to give you details on the kind of teaching and learning you can expect in our Agile Leadership School classes and online training courses, as well as provide a small FAQ section.
Information on the Professional Scrum Product Owner Training
In this 2-day Professional Scrum Product Owner™ I (PSPO I) training you will learn how to get the best out of Scrum as a Product Owner.
This official Scrum.org training:
- helps you prepare for the PSPO I - certification
- is a unique mix of theory & practice, optimized for the best learning experience
- has been created by a team of experienced experts and Professional Scrum Trainers within the Scrum.org community (more than 200 trainers worldwide)
More info on this class see can be found here.
- Participants will have a clear understanding of the mechanics of Scrum
- Participants know how the Product Owner fits into Scrum
- Participants can successfully work with Scrum Teams and stakeholders
- Participants can effectively increase business agility
More info on learning objectives covered by this class see can be found here.
At the end of this training, you:
- Are aware of the fundamental elements & principles to make Scrum successful
- Have gained a deep understanding of the Scrum Framework
- Are aware of the skills & responsibilities for being a good Product Owner
- Have received several directly applicable, practical implementation-tips
- Know the difference between traditional & Agile project\product management
- Have gained knowledge about value driven product development
- Know how to translate customer value\requirements into a Product Backlog
- Know how to answer the ultimate stakeholder question (“When is it ready?”) in an Agile way
- Are prepared for the certified “PSPO I”-assessment
Agile Product Management
Value Driven Development
Scrum Theory & Empiricism
The Scrum Framework
Product Backlog Management
Attendees make the most of the class if they:
- Study the Scrum Guide
- Pass the Scrum Open Assessment
- Possess a solid understanding of Scrum
(have either worked on a Scrum team, or completed the Professional Scrum Foundation training, or similar course)
Participate in building\enhancing a software product or application using Scrum
- Read any book on Scrum by Ken Schwaber
2 days - 8 hours a day
The training may be interesting to all involved in developing products using the Scrum framework, but has been specifically conceived for those responsible over products from a business perspective and taking up the highly accountable role of Scrum Product Owner.
This training includes the following:
- A digital version of the official Scrum.org slide deck
- The book “The Professional Product Owner” by Don mc Greal and Ralph Jocham (PST trainers at Scrum.org)
- After completion of the training: a code for an attempt to the “PSPO I”-assessment
- A free second attempt, in case the first attempt was unsuccessful within two weeks after the training
- A 40% discount for an attempt on the “PSPO II”-assessment
This class will be taught by one of these trainers:
Founder of Agile Leadership School,
Interim Manager & Trainer for Scrum.org
Traditional Classes are held at a specific physical location. Participants will get the opportunity to meet the trainer and other participants face to face, but also have to make their travel and\or sleeping arrangements.
Naturally we will continue to provide these kind of classes to our Students at various locations across the world.
Live Virtual Classes have proven to be a good alternative to attending Traditional Classes:
- They offer the same content with the same Learning Objectives
- Assessment Result Scores for Live Virtual Classes are similar to Traditional Classes
- Exercises are explicitly designed to be run in a Live Virtual environment. In this way we can guarantee the same level of collaboration, engagement and learning opportunities then a Traditional class.
- They are hosted by the same trainers as the Traditional Classes
- Due to the lack of location restrictions or travel restraints we are able to deliver classes worldwide, so there is no need for Students to leave the comfort of their home in order to participate
- Students will require either a computer or a laptop with a working microphone and camera of their own to enter our Live Virtual Classrooms
- We require all students of our Live Virtual Classes to enable both their microphone as well as their camera at all times during the class, in order to communicate as best as possible with their teacher and other students
- To enable optimal interaction and learning experience we use the latest state of the art online collaboration tools. Before each class, participants will receive an email with detailed preparation instructions to fully participate in the Live Virtual Classes. None of the applications used require additional costs.
The (Virtual and Traditional) In House Trainings are perfectly suited to those who require a group from 8 to 12 students to attend the same class. While the content and learning objectives are exactly the same as a public class, there are more opportunities for alignment and exploring organization specific topics.
By booking our In House Trainings, you can save up to 44.5% on the total price.
When you book one of our In House Trainings, we will contact you personally to schedule the date for the training which suits you best. We will also discuss any specific situations or cases of your organization which we can use to customize the training where possible or needed.
More details on our